Roku streaming stick delivers smoother streaming with a long-range wireless receiver. With the help of the Roku stick, you can stream free TV, live news, sports, etc. Follow the given steps to connect and use your Roku streaming device.
Procedure To Connect Roku Streaming Stick
- First of all, you need to turn on your Roku TV or the TV your Roku stick is connected to.
- Then, select the language that is suitable for you. Henceforth, all the text and dialogue within the Roku application will be displayed in the selected language.
- After that, press the “Ok” button on your device in order to choose the language.
- Subsequently, connect your Roku stick to your network router for internet access. While using the Wi-fi, the Roku stick will search for all the available networks.
- Thereafter, choose your preferred network and enter your Wi-fi password.
- After entering the password your Roku streaming stick will automatically connect to the internet.
- Now, after connecting to the internet, your Roku streaming stick will download the latest version of Roku OS software.
- After this, select “Set Display Type” and let your Roku stick auto-detect the best resolution display. In order to change the display type first, you need to go to the settings option. Then tap on the “Display Type” option.
- Next, select the “check remote settings” to automatically set up your Roku Enhanced remote. By selecting this setting you can control the power and volume for your TV. You can also set up your remote at any time from the settings menu. For that, go to settings, then click on remote and setup TV for remote control.
- Now, in order to activate your Roku streaming stick, it must be linked to a Roku account. Therefore, this account keeps track of which Roku devices you own. Also, the Roku account allows you to add free and purchased channels from the Roku channel store.
- Finally, you have to enter the activation code in order to use the Roku streaming stick.
Steps TO Use Roku Stick
Follow the below-given steps in order to use the Roku streaming stick.
Add Channels On your Device
- First of all, you need to press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- After that, scroll up or down and select streaming channels to open the channel store.
- Then, at the top of the channel store you will see the list of new and popular channels.
- After that, you have to enter a keyword in the search channel. Therefore, this will help you to find choices based on the title a channel.
- Then if you want to know more about the channel. You need to press the “Ok” button to see the detailed description of the channel.
- If the channel is free in that case to select the “Add Channel” option. Therefore, this will help you to install the channel on your Roku device.
- In case, if the channel is paid, then you have to select the “Buy” option. Therefore, this will help you to install and purchase the channel.
- At last, click on the “Add a channel” option to install it on your device.
Add Channels Using Mobile App
- Firstly, open the Roku mobile app.
- Then, tap on the “Channels” menu found at the bottom of the app.
- After that, scroll through channel categories or search to find the channel you want to install.
- Thereafter, you may be prompted to login to your Roku account before continuing.
- Tap on the channel icon in order to know more about the channels.
- Then, tap add a channel to add the channel to your device. In case, if the channel you selected is paid you will be prompted to complete your purchase.
Add Private Channels
- To add a private channel, you have to login to your Roku account on its official website.
- After that, go to the “My Account” option and then click on the “Manage Accounts”.
- Click on the “Add a channel with a code” option.
- Now, you are required to enter the unique channel code in the mentioned field.
- Finally, click on the “Add Channel” option in order to complete the process.
- Now, you can organize channels on your home screen by highlighting the channel you want to move.
- For that, you need to press the “star icon” on your remote and then select the “Move Channel” option. You can use the arrow keys on your remote in order to move it to a new location.
- Now, to launch channels and start watching content ,you need to go on the home option. Then, select the name of the channel according to your wish.
- Lastly, press the “OK” button in order to launch channels on your device.
Hence, the above information will guide you to use and connect the Roku stick. Therefore, you don’t have to face any sort of problem while using a Roku streaming stick.