Roku Login – Account creation, Roku Login Issues, Unlink Roku Device
Roku is a device that needs to connect to your TV and it works via an internet connection. It comes with a simple remote that streams your favorite movies, shows, music, and web series to your TV. Also, to add your preferred channels, manage your subscriptions, view your order history, you have to create an account first.
How To Create an Account:
For the Roku login, firstly create an account. Below are the steps:
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, go to the official website of Roku.
- After that, you will see a Sign in tab located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, click on the “Create Account” button in order to initiate the procedure of account creation.
- Next, you need to enter your first name and last name in the required fields.
- Then, “Enter your email address” in the next field.
- After that, you are required to “Enter a Password” which must fulfill all the below-given requirements.
- Must contain at least 8 characters.
- Include uppercase and lowercase letters.
- The password must include at least one numeric value.
- Use valid symbols.
- Now, checkmark the box of “I am 18 years or older.”
- Next, if you want to receive the latest notifications of latest releases, channels, and customers-exclusive discounts, you are required to tick mark the given box.
- Now, checkmark the box “I am not a robot” to assure that you are real.
- After that, you need to click on the “Continue” button.
- Then, you need to “Enter a PIN” to authorize purchases on the Roku store.
- Next, enter your billing information and choose your payment method.
- Now, click on the “Confirm” button.
- Also, you will receive an email in order to confirm your account. Open the mail and click “Verify”.
Procedure For Roku Login:
Follow the below-given steps carefully for Roku login Account:
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, go to roku.com. By doing so, it will open the home page of Roku.
- Click on the sign-in button which is located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Now, “Enter your email address” that you use while creating your account.
- Then, “Enter your Password” in the required field. Also, if you forget your password, click on “Forgot Password” and you will receive an email to reset your password.
- In addition, checkmark the “Remember me” box if you want to go straight into your account next time.
- Now, you have to tick the box of “I am not a robot”.
- Lastly, click on the “Sign In” button for Roku login.
Steps To Resolve Roku Login Issues:
If you are facing any kind of problem while login to the Roku account, below-mentioned troubleshooting steps may resolve your problem:
Make sure to enter correct email address and password:
Anytime, you are trying to login to your account and facing issues, firstly check that you are entering the correct email id and password. Your email address must be in lowercase letters and should not have any unwanted spaces. Also, if it shows that your password is incorrect, it means you forgot your password. In that case, reset your password by following the below-given steps:
- Firstly, on the Roku login page, click on “Forgot Password”.
- Then, you will see a dialog box will appear on the screen. You will be asked to enter your email address and click on the submit button.
- After that, you will receive an email that contains a link to reset your password.
- Open the mail and click the link. Type your new password in the required field.
- Next, you need to retype your password to confirm it.
- Lastly, click on the “Submit” button to successfully reset your new password.
Now, go to your account and try for Roku login. If the issue persists, then follow the next method.
Use High Internet speed
Many times, you are unable to login to your Roku account if your internet connection is too slow. In this case, the login page will not respond and you will be unable to login to your account. So make sure that there is no internet problem. Below are the steps to check your internet connectivity:
- Firstly, you need to turn off your Modem.
- Then, wait for 20-30 seconds.
- After that, power on your modem first.
- Now, enable the internet connection on your system. The internet connectivity issue is resolved now and you can try to login by going to your account page.
How To Secure Your Roku Account?
Your Roku account has a lot of confidential information that you need to keep secure. It stores all the information about the devices you own and the channels you have installed.
Use a valid email address
Firstly, make sure that you use a valid email address. Your email address must not contain any upper case letters and should not have any unwanted spaces.
Use a strong password
While creating your password, make sure that you are setting a strong password to protect your account from unauthorized access.
Create a PIN
You should create a Personal Identification Number to secure your account. Now, if you make any purchase, you will be asked to enter the PIN that you have created. The creation of a Personal Identification Number will help you in protecting your account from unauthorized access.
Avoid Phishing Websites
Sometimes, fraudulent websites may try to steal your information and trick you to believe that you are accessing the original websites. These websites charge you a fee for account creation and its activation. So below are the points that you need to remember:
- There is never a charge for account creation of Roku.
- It does not involve any activation charge.
- Also, it does not charge for customer support.
Check your history on a regular basis
To keep your account secure, it is important to review your past history regularly. Also, if you find any purchases which are not familiar to you, report the problem right away.
Link Roku Device To Your Account
To add your Roku device to your account, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, login to your Roku account on your computer.
- Next, you need to click on the blue “Link a Device” button which is located on the bottom of the page.
- Now, you have to turn on your TV, connect the Roku device to your TV and then you need to power on your Roku device. After that, you are required to connect your Roku device to the internet.
- You can connect the Roku device either using a wireless connection or an ethernet cable. If you are connecting through a wireless connection, you will be asked to enter your Wifi password.
- Now, when the Roku is connected to the internet, it will ask you to update it. So, you need to select the “Update” button.
- When the update procedure is successfully completed, it will start rebooting. After reboot, a code will appear on your screen, note down the code as you will be required to use it in the future.
- Now, go to roku.com/link on your computer from the login page in step 1.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the same code that you noted above. Then, click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, it will ask you to enter the payment information. Click the “Skip” button.
- After that, select the channels that you want to add to your Roku device and you have to add at least one channel.
- Once the channels are added, you are required to click on the “Continue” button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, the Roku device is successfully added to your account. To check, go to “My Account” on your main accounts page located at the top of the page.
- You will see Roku’s serial number under the “My Linked Devices” section.
Procedure To Unlink Roku Device from your Account
Follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, you need to visit my.roku.com on your computer.
- Then, click “Sign in” located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Next, enter your email address and password and once again, click “Sign in”.
- After signing in, you are required to scroll down your account page and find the section of “My Linked Devices”.
- Next, click on the “Unlink” button.
- Finally, you need to select the “Confirm” button to successfully unlink Roku device from your account.
How To Close Roku Account?
If you want to close your Roku account, below are the given steps:
- Go to the official website of Roku.
- Then, sign in to your account and type your email address and password in the required fields.
- Again, click on the “Sign in” button.
- Now, if you have any active subscriptions, scroll down the page and click on “Manage Your Subscriptions” and cancel your subscription.
- Then, select “Deactivate Account” which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, click on the “Confirm” button.
Your Roku account is closed now.